Three podcast releases, all involving me in some way, that I feel compelled to draw attention to:
- A new Partners in Lag — in this ep, we talk about Red Dead Redemption, all things Halo, Steam on the Mac, and the potential future for Linux gaming
- Episode 39 of the Open Source Musician Podcast — another community call-in show, where a bunch of us chat about a whole heap of things
- Episode 41 is out, too — this one features all of the entries for the Tunestorm02 challenge. Even though they were all recorded with household item sounds, in line with the theme of the challenge, there’s huge variety in the results, so it’s well worth checking out.
A new Partners in Lag is up — with so much happening in the news lately, this episode is dedicated to it! We talk about Steam on the Mac, Portal 2, PS3 meltdowns, 360 rumours, the Infinity Ward coup, and a bunch of other stuff, too.
Episode 3 of the Partners in Lag podcast is up! Asz and I dig in to the price of gaming — Steam sales, the iPhone, where digital distribution on consoles falls down, and the trials and tribulations of gaming in the land of Oz.
Partners in Lag Ep 3: 2010-02-14 — 50MB, 1:12:35
Podcast RSS feed
Episode 2 of the Partners in Lag podcast is up! Asz and I check out the news and discuss trends in mobile gaming — the rise of the iPhone, prospects for Palm and Android, and our thoughts on the iPad:
Partners in Lag Ep 2: 2010-01-30 — 47MB, 1:07:40
Podcast RSS feed
Welcome to the inaugural episode of the Partners in Lag Podcast, where my good friend Asz and I discuss the games and other gaming-related things we’re looking forward to in 2010. You can grab it here:
Partners in Lag Ep 1: 2010-01-16 — 61MB, 1:27:31
The podcasts will live here for now, but you can already get an RSS feed of just the podcast posts, ready for use in a podcast downloader, here.
Episode 28 of the Open Source Musicians Podcast is up, and as I mentioned yesterday, I’m once again on it! Skype garbled me a bit, but overall it turned out surprisingly well quality-wise, and it was great fun to record. I’ll have to be a bit more careful if I podcast again, though — at one point I got up for a few seconds, and while I thought to mute my mic on my mixer before I did, I must’ve dropped my headphones on my synth keyboard, which was still patched in, so everyone got a few seconds of synth sound action.
Feels like time for another bullet-point update!
- We got a house! Well, provisionally anyway — we sign the lease on Saturday. It’s a cute little renovated two-bedroom place in Footscray, so it’s got a bit of that same old house charm that our Surrey Hills place had. Living west-side is going to be quite a change, but it’s a quiet spot, and it’s not far from Kensington or Yarraville, which both seem like awesome places to hang out. The timing is great too — we get the keys on January 5th, so we have plenty of time to give notice here and start packing and cleaning.
- Royal Crown Revue tonight! Last week, Kat spotted that they were touring, so we grabbed some tickets. It was going to be a pain heading off to two house inspections this afternoon, then heading home and having to head back in to the city for the gig, but now that we’ve been approved we don’t have to worry about those inspections now.
- I have a new coffee machine! I had been using a plunger at home since my old machine died a couple of months back, so I’m very glad to have a new one. It’s a Rancilio Silvia, and I got a new grinder (the matching Rancilio Rocky) as well. Perhaps now wasn’t the best time to buy new toys, but I got a great deal on it, and I sure as hell need my coffee right now!
- I ended up on the Open Source Musicians podcast again on the weekend; one of the usual hosts couldn’t make it, so the other host, and a few of us that were online at the time, jumped in to a Skype conference call and talked crap for a bit instead. That episode isn’t online yet, but I’ll link to it when it is.