Well, I made it to the end of the month, and I’m pretty happy with how it all turned out — I came up with some neat sounds, and some ideas that could probably be expanded in to proper pieces with some time. I also learned a lot:
- Ardour used to be a total mystery, but I now have a pretty good grip on it, and on a bunch of LADSPA effects plug-ins
- The Blofeld is super-deep, but I know my way around it much better now, especially when it comes to creating (or re-creating) specific sounds
- My keyboard skills are a bit rusty, but they’ve definitely improved with practice, and they’ll improve more if I stick with it
- My singing could be better, but if it was buried in a track I’m sure it’d be okay
- I don’t need anything more than what I have to make interesting music
That last one’s an important one — it’s very easy to put up artificial barriers, saying “I can’t do X without Y”, but I have heaps of stuff to work. All I need are ideas, and the time to put them in to practice, and with any luck I’ll be able to find both.