Another quick fiddle with the vocoder today. I wasn’t happy with how intelligible my speech was yesterday, so I recorded a vocal sample and then ran it through the vocoder using different carrier sounds from the Blofeld. The first is a simple sawtooth wave, same as I used yesterday, but played much lower on the keyboard; the second is my string sound, again played fairly low on the keyboard.
I could probably get better results with more fiddling, but both of these sound okay, and suitably robotic. I was having trouble with the vocoder, though — it’s fine when reading from a mic, but kept playing up when supplied with pre-recorded samples — so that’ll have to wait for another day.